Global Chinese Positive Psychology Association
International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
The International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP) was founded in 1972 and has a membership of over 800 persons in more than 65 countries. The aims of the Association are to facilitate communication among persons interested in a diverse range of issues involving the intersection of culture and psychology. IACCP is affiliated with the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS).
IACCP holds international Congresses every two years and regional conferences in most years.
The next international Congress will be in South Africa in 2012.
Harry and Pola Triandis Doctoral Thesis Award
International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
Overview and Mission
The International Association of Applied Psychology was founded in 1920. Currently IAAP has more than 1.500 members from over 80 countries. Its official languages are English and French.
The mission of IAAP as stated in Article 1 of its Constitution is:
“…to promote the science and practice of applied psychology and to facilitate
interaction and communication about applied psychology around the world”
Congresses and Conferences
IAAP sponsors the International Congress of Applied Psychology, held every 4 yours, collaborates with other organizations to sponsor regional conferences and may support theme organized conferences of its Divisions.
- Applied Psychology – An International Review (quarterly)
- IAAP Newsletter
- Proceedings of its Congresses
- Selected handbooks and encyclopedia
- Recognized International Impact in Applied Psychology
- Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of the PRofession of Applied Psychology Internationally
- Best contribution of a Student
International Council for Science (ICSU)
Rue Auguste Vacquerie 5
ICSU’s mission is to strengthen international science for the benefit of society. To do this, ICSU mobilizes the knowledge and resources of the international science community to:
- Identify and address major issues of importance to science and society.
- Facilitate interaction amongst scientists across all disciplines and from all countries.
- Promote the participation of all scientists—regardless of race, citizenship, language, political stance, or gender—in the international scientific endeavour.
- Provide independent, authoritative advice to stimulate constructive dialogue between the scientific community and governments, civil society, and the private sector.
International Council for Social Sciences (ISSC)
1, rue Miollis
Phone: +33 (0)220.127.116.11.60
Fax: +33 (0)18.104.22.168.62
International Institute for the Advanced Studies of Psychotherapy and Applied Mental Health
No.37, Republicii Street
[From the web]
The International Institute aims to promote advanced study and scholarship in psychotherapy and applied mental health by postdoctoral training and research, following a scientist-practitioner paradigm. It offers training and conduct research in personalized evidence-based psychotherapies and other mental health applications.
- Psychological problems/mental disorders and physical disorders involving psychological etiopathogenetic factors; and
- Human development and optimisation.
International Society for Developmental of Psychobiology (ISDP)
Address: ISDP Central Office
Marianne Van Wagner
8181 Tezel Road #10269
San Antonio, TX
[From the web]
The ISDP encourages research on on the development of behavior in all organisms including man, with special attention to the effects of biological factors operating at any level of organization. The purposes of the International Society of Developmental Psychobiology are:
- To foster application of the valid findings of research to human affairs in a way beneficial to mankind.
- To promote and encourage research on the development of behavior in all organisms including man, with special attention to the effects of biological factors operating at any level of organization. Such research may involve both descriptive and experimental methods and be undertaken under either natural or controlled conditions.
- To facilitate communication of research results and theory in the area of Developmental Psychobiology through the use of both professional and popular printed media and through the presentation of papers at meetings of the Society.
International Union of Psycholological Science (IUPsyS)
The IUPsyS works to promote “the development, representation and advancement of psychology as a basic and applied science nationally, regionally, and internationally” (Article 5, IUPsyS Statutes). It represents psychology in its full breadth as a science and as a profession.
Members of the IUPsyS are national associations of psychology or coalitions of such organizations, one per country.
The IUPsyS sponsors the International Congress of Psychology, held every 4 years, and publishes the International Journal of Psychology
- Mattei Dogan Award
- Young Investigators Award
- Against the Odds Award
Psi Chi: The International Honor Society in Psychology
Founded in 1929
Address: Psi Chi
825 Vine St
[From the web]
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Association for Psychological Science (APS). Psi Chi’s sister honor society is Psi Beta, the national honor society in psychology for community and junior colleges.
Society for Text & Discourse (ST&D)
Address: Society for Text & Discourse
c/o Treasurer, Keith Millis
Dept of Psychology
[From the web]
The Society for Text & Discourse is an international society of researchers who investigate all aspects of discourse processing and text analysis. The purpose of the Society is to consolidate research in discourse processing and to enhance communication among researchers in different disciplines. A second objective of the society is to contribute to the education and professional development of those in the field or entering the field.
Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Strada Costiera 11
[from the web]
TWAS is an autonomous international organization, based in Trieste, Italy, that promotes scientific excellence for sustainable development in the South.